AFR Young Rich Lister, Jack Delosa, shares how he’s built Australia’s largest and most successful entrepreneur education company.
About Jack Delosa
Jack Delosa is changing education. He is the Founder and CEO of Australia’s largest educational institution for entrepreneurs, The Entourage, which has a community of 350,000 members. Under his leadership, The Entourage was awarded the 4th Best Place to Work in Australia by BRW magazine.
Prior to The Entourage, Jack co-founded MBE Education, which assisted small and medium-sized enterprises in raising money from investors. MBE quickly became one of Australia’s fastest-growing companies, helping their clients raise hundreds of millions of dollars.
As one of Australia’s leading entrepreneurs, he hosts Sky Business series ‘Entrepreneurs’ and has been listed on the AFR Young Rich List since 2014.
About The Episode
In this episode Jack and Brett discuss:
- Jack’s early tendency for entrepreneurship after watching his parent’s business fail
- His strong passion for education and training
- Why it is better to follow your passion, rather than something just financially viable
- The transition from leaving a business partner and starting your own business
- Why schools can’t teach Entrepreneurship
- Going from 90 staff to 40 staff in one day
- Turning around a sinking ship (why adversity is so good for you)