Fred Schebesta is an international speaker, serial entrepreneur, award-winning digital marketer, author and media commentator. He is the co-founder of Finder, a global personal finance comparison website with over 10 million monthly visitors valued at $246 million.
About Fred Schebesta
In 2018, Fred established a venture capital arm, Finder Ventures, to incubate new business ideas and launched cryptocurrency brokerage HiveEx.com in February 2018.
For the past 2 years, Fred has been leading the group’s latest project, the Finder App, which is an Australian-first innovation that combines personal finance management with comparison.
He won Entrepreneur of the Year by Blockchain Australia Industry Awards 2019, and was awarded a Fellowship with Blockchain Australia. Fred was also ranked position 22 on the Australian Financial Review Young Rich List 2019, with a wealth of $193 million.
About The Episode
In this episode, Fred and Brett discuss:
- The ideation of Finder.com (And why their finance management app is a game changer)
- The repercussions of growing too quickly (What he had to do to get things back on track)
- Why it took years for Finder to become a brand (Even though the website was thriving)
- His battle to find the owners of the finder.com domain and the WHOPPING price tag they paid to secure it (And it’s connections to Russia)
- The moment when he realised he’s probably not a CEO
- Why Fred instructs his employees to make mistakes and “go and be a rebel”
- Fred’s “why” moment – a candid chat with a co-worker who says Fred saved his life
And so much more… Listen now!